Monday 24 October 2011

Is it sleep time yet?

Posted by Unknown at 17:34
No...really...is it?

This moving thing seriously sucks, why can't we just have Star Trek style "beam me up Scotty" technology that just transports everything, all at once (including the occupants) to the new house? Then it transports all the dust and crap that seems to accumulate over time to the dump? I personally think that would be so much easier!

In saying that I have made a good dent in things. The kitchen is packed, the games room is done (yes we have a games room....no grown ups here), and the spare room is looking slightly more respectable. But seriously, I'm over it!

We currently live in a rather old house. I'm sure it is sinking into the ground ever so slowly. I know this because every few months we have to shave a couple of millimeters off the top of the front door so that we can use it, and there are cracks in the cement under the house that you could quite rightly mistake for stairs (well maybe not THAT big, but you get the picture). Included with this prize piece of property is a busy main road with trucks frequently passing by that disrupt the TV reception (and sleep). As well as neighbors that just love a good domestic at least once a day and/or singing at the top of their lungs to whichever lame/old/country tune that seems to fancy them (this also causes lack of sleep). An added bonus that I am finding is the mildew that has popped up in the most inconvenient places, like venician blinds. No wonder hubby and I have trouble with sinus infection.

The house we are moving too is brand new and never been lived in! I'm excited about the move to this house. I would be more excited if it didn't involve packing. If anyone invents the transporter in the next few days please let me know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Good Wife Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting