Tuesday 20 September 2011

Holidays

Posted by Unknown at 10:00
I love holidays. It's that time when I get to catch up on everything I have no time for during the school term, like spring cleaning.

There is something about spring that makes me want to have everything beautiful. Winter is kind of depressing with everything locked up, and this year it was an overcast and wet winter...which is very unusual for the Capricorn Coast. Now it is bright and sunshiny and makes me happy. All of the windows are open and every day I am doing a little bit here and there (don't want to be cranky when the hubby gets home cause I'm all tired and stinky from washing walls and cupboards etc).

So right now on day 2 of my holidays, my kitchen is fantastically spotless. I wish I could say the same for the lounge room, but I can't. Maybe tomorrow I will, but probably not because today I'm going to wash donors and sheets and probably put away those clean clothes that have been sitiing in a basket on the floor of our room for....oh so long.

It's times like this I am glad I don't have kids yet, because I'm so not organized enough for them yet. Will have to get organized pretty quickly 1. Because we are moving in a month or two, and 2. Because husband has finally agreed to start a family next year now that he has full time work and a stable job, squeeeeeeeeee. God willing by this time next year I should be just about ready to pop...or already popped if the kid turns out to be just as impatient as me.

Now I'm off that little tangent, as for the rest of my holidays, well there is studying for my exam, and more spring cleaning, starting to pack to make the move easier. I'm going to go get my nails done with my cousin at some point this week, and I might just go shopping today after the washing is done. I know you are all jelous right now :) and are probably thinking of all the wicked come backs generally thrown at teachers because of the amount of paid holidays we get eve year. Tell you something though, we deserve every one of them. I'm so tired at the end of term I generally spend the first week just recovering (I'm surprised I have the energy I do have this this holidays). I generally get sick in the first week of holidays, the whole running on adrenalin thing is very real for teachers. Luckily I'm just a little sniffly.

Maybe it was how well term 3 ended this year. A lot happened this term and I was so drained, but it all ended well (that's another post entirely...one I promise I will write as soon as I know how). Maybe things are easier this year cause I have a husband and best friend to come home to every night and debrief so I'm not bottling things up as I tend to do. Whatever it is I'm just glad that I have enough energy to actually enjoy my holidays this term.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Good Wife Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting