Wednesday 6 July 2011

A Challenging Week

Posted by Unknown at 16:03
This week has been rather challenging, and it is only Wednesday.  It will most likely stay this way until after Sunday, but could go on into next week.

The problem, David's work hours.

They are hard hours at the best of times.  With me working full time during the day, we don't see nearly as much of each other that we would like.  Often times he is at work when I get home and doesn't get home till 4am in the morning.  When he does works days he has to go to bed really early so he can get up at 3am to do it all again.

Needless to say, we treasure the time we have.  It is difficult being newly married and unable to spend quality time together.

This week is the killer though.  David has to work a 70 hour week.  Today he is doing a 14 hour stint, starting at 2pm till 4am, right after getting off night shift last night.  And tonight is Origin, there will be lots of drunk douche bags out and if QLD loses they will not make for happy cab rides.

David gets overwhelmed when he has to work such a mammoth week as this, and rightly so, it's not fair.  Who works a 70 hour week as a driver, with quick turn arounds from day to night?

I never knew your heart could break for someone so much.  I thought that feeling only happened once you had kids and one of the was hurting.  It's stuff like this that makes him hate where we are living now, he wants to go home.  He wants to have family and friends around him.  I want those things too, I just seem to cope better.  But I feel guilty for moving here for my work every time something like this happens and he gets stressed, overwhelmed and lonely.

It's difficult for him to make friends here because of his work hours, and driving a cab means he doesn't really have any workmates he can become friends with.  It's a lonely job.

I just wish I knew how to make it better for him.  Any ideas?

I thank God every day that I can just get on Skype and have a teary to mum any time I want to.  Thanks mummy I love you, our Skype dates are part of what gets me through each week.

Sorry if this post is kind of disjointed, I'm rather emotional at the moment and thoughts are going a million miles an hour.  Hopefully will have a much happier post for you next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Good Wife Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting